Thread: What is Genre?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Genres start with one person and then radiate out, just like everything else.

Have you heard of Speculative non-fiction? It's similar to Alternative History I suppose but usually takes place in the present. And is only mostly true.

Nope. man... when I used to help out in the library as a child, it was a lot simpler then this! Well this diversity is good in many ways, it still be nice if they were all listed some place so when I see a genre I do not know, I can look up the meaning and know if it is something I would like.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote