View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
K2 uses Linux for its OS... I'd be willing to bet that there will be a hack soon.

I asked Amazon in an e-mail when we would have the ability to have custom screensaves, they sent me this in reply:

Quote:
Thank you for writing Amazon.com Kindle support.

Adding your own customer screen savers would be considered an alteration and would void your warranty. The Kindle limited warranty applies only to hardware components of the Device that are not subject to accident, misuse, neglect, fire or other external causes, unauthorized use, alterations or repair, or commercial use.

I hope you found this information helpful. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your Kindle experience. If you need further assistance, please contact customer support at 1-866-321-8851.

Thank you for choosing Kindle. Enjoy!
Personally, I would like to know what color the sun is in their world.

Using their logic, isn't adding books to the Kindle also an "alteration"?

I would dearly love to see what happens if they actually deny someone's warranty claim based on that, they wouldn't stand a chance in court OR arbitration...
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote