View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
hefolsom
hefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheesehefolsom can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Kobo Mini: can't download epub from Instapaper

Hi there. Hoping someone else has run across this and knows of a solution:

I would like to download Instapaper articles as an epub. So far I have not managed to do this.

I have a Kobo Mini. Using the browser, I can download epub files from Dropbox with no problems.

But trying to download an epub file directly from Instapaper is a total fail - I click the link and the browser does exactly nothing. (Specifically, I'm visiting http://www.instapaper.com/u, logging in, and then on the right hand side there's a downloads area with an "epub" link).

I know the file format is OK, because if I first move the file into Dropbox it then works fine. It's only downloading directly from Instapaper that doesn't seem to work.

Any leads? All help appreciated! My alternative is to go back to a Sony. Sigh. (Caveat: for various reasons, using Calibre is not a fix for me, so no point suggesting that).
hefolsom is offline   Reply With Quote