View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Distorted Vision
Distorted Vision began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4G
BookJunkieLI, I fixed the issue with the underscores in the filenames by following your suggestion and dropping the foldername from the save template. I decided to abort trying to get the categories / columns to create the directory since its alot of effort to do something which I can do manually. I just do save to disc rather than send to device and copy it to the Kindle in Windows Explorer.

I have unchecked 'Save cover seperately' and 'Save metadata in OPF file' so I am just copying the pdf or mobi file. Am I correct that the cover image and .opf aren't used by the Kindle and so it serves no purpose in copying them onto the device?

Also still not been able to find a way to deal with the underscore in place of colon issue. I can rename the files easily all at once using Flash Renamer but the problem is that Calibre does not recognise that some of the books are on the device.

Also I had pretty disasterous results trying to convert all my textbooks to mobi format. I think this partly due to the fact that many contained complex mathematical equations, diagrams and tables etc.

The problem I have found is that the text in the pdf versions are too small to make reading anything more than a few paragraphs practical. Does anyone have any other suggestions. I read that there is a new PDF conversion for Calibre in development. Any news on this?

Many thanks for your help!
Distorted Vision is offline   Reply With Quote