Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #89
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Sadly, adding direct USB external storage support to a Nexus 7 requires root access. You can connect a USB network adapter though (according to a post I read elsewhere), allowing you to access a NAS (network storage device). Some external hard drives have a CAT5 jack just for that purpose. There are also small battery-powered wifi storage devices available. You can at least upload and download files to them via a web page, and perhaps even connect directly to them via file sharing. I have not tested any of these options though. My N7 is rooted and uses USB flash memory sticks now.
The primary reason I want a 7" tablet is to watch videos while on vacation in locations that don't have wifi. For that, I need expandable storage. Rooting and/or using extra accessories is not something I wish to do.

I'm not adverse to using the cloud. I do it at home all the time. Unfortunately, where I vacation, the cloud is something that produces rain.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote