Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #81
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
Ecosystem lock-in?

I was wondering if Google tries to lock you into their ecosystem with the N7, like Amazon & B&N did with their tablets.

Can you load the Kindle app on it? Can you access the Amazon App Store (whatever they call it)? Can you stream video from Amazon?

Does google/nexus block anything else they deem competitive?

Also, what are the ways I might stream video from my home server?

Thanks,
tlc
You can load the kindle app, and even the amazon store, on the Nexus 7. Using the amazon store, you can even install the amazon daily free deals on the N7. And there is the android marketplace too.

You need to go into settings and allow "install foreign apps" (or whatever they call it), to install stuff NOT from Google Play.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote