Thread: Google Nexus 7
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #80
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
There are two different root "schemes" listed on XDA.

I used the toolkit on xda developer:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475
I used the one at your link too. In my case, it would not work using the Windows XP VM running in VirtualBox on my linux host PC. I had to run it on my wife's Win7 laptop.

Whenever it hung "waiting for device" (or whatever similar message), I killed the adb.exe process using the Task Manager window I kept open for that purpose. As I recall, I had to kill adb.exe perhaps 5 times during the rooting procedure. Other than that, no problems.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote