View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
These have all been very good points, and that last one got me thinking about which of the two real candidates would look best with an e-book reader in their possession. I know this is a superficial thing to do, but this world thrives on fashion and, as such, I am going to throw out some mock-ups of what out future president might look like if he had an e-book reader with him when not on a plane.

First up is John McCain in some kind of hospital, reading an e-book and relaxing while the doctor gives him a check-up. This one is definitely anachronistic (Sony didn't even exist back when McCain was this good-looking!), but I figured that since Barrack Obama is already the younger, cooler man in this rodeo, it wouldn't be fair to show a current picture of McCain with that thing sticking out of his face.

Finally, here is a picture of Obama himself in Washington D.C. (you can see Capitol Hill over there in the background), holding his Sony Reader and smoking a cigarette (why was this the first time I've heard about him being a smoker from a Google image search result page's link to a framed version of the original page containing that image, and what else don't I know about this guy?!). I have obviously modified this image significantly, but only because the original was a close-up of his head and there was nothing for him to hold his e-book reader with.

For those of you wondering why I didn't include an image of Independent candidate Ron Paul holding an e-book Reader, it's because FOX News would have just censored it out! "You" decide '08!
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote