View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
PDF is not a defacto standard. The only standard I have actually seen is plain ordinary text files. More devices can handle plain text files then any other format.
I believe we are talking about a widely adopted "standard," capable of displaying all current publication formats, from fashion magazines to novels.

The idea is, that when I get a publication, be it my Nylon magazine subscription, or an Updike novel, I should be able to view it on my desktop, and send it to my wife, to view on her MacBook.

This includes the ability to view it on my large-screen e-reader (albeit in BW, due to current technology.) But also, in a couple of years, when there are color reading devices, I'd like to be able to use the SAME file I have now.

The only such "standard" I am aware of, is PDF.

Last edited by Sonist; 07-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote