Thread: Western Novels
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 12:23 PM   #6
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Louis L'amour's The Walking Drum is my favorite of his books even though it isn't set in the west. It is set in Europe and the Middle East in the 12th century. Last of the Breed is another of my favorites of Louis L'amour that is not a traditional western. Set-in modern times, it is about a USAF pilot captured by the Russians when they force his aircraft down. The protagonist is if American Indian descent and after escaping the Russian prison camp he decides to make is escape toward the Bearing Straight through Siberia.
The Cowboy and the Cossack by Clair Huffaker is another good western.
Shoot Him on Sight by Willaim Colt MacDonald is another one I like, but isn't available as an eBook.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote