View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #48
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Read their FAQ

From their site
How do I add my app to your site?

First, you need to publish your app in the Android Market. Then our server will sync your app from there.

So you see there is no need to worry. They get their apk files directly from Android Market. Not user upload.
It's not a question of user upload, it's a question of the site itself. That site would be a great target for a hacker. We have no idea who runs it or what their security measures are, there is no comment system for user feedback, yet we install binaries from them without question. A hacker could inject code into each APK and no one would know.

I don't want to keep going on about this, it's off topic of the thread for one thing, but I think some people are not suspicious enough. A lot of money is made from malware, and almost all of it comes from people clicking or installing something that they shouldn't.

And you can get creepy stuff on your devices straight from the manufacturer. This story has been breaking in the last few days:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...logging-video/
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote