Thread: PRS-500 Comics page turn behavior
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporware
I have an issue that I believe is not related to your program at all. It's sony reader specific behavior. When viewing pictures as a JPG in the picture viewer function, the reader does a MUCH more through job of the black/white flash to remove any trace of ghosting. It almost looks like a double page turn.
That'd be because it IS in fact a double page turn.
Picture viewer displays a rough preview in the first second, than re-refreshes the page and shows the full-resolution display immediately after that. Watch very carefully and you'll notice the first "iteration" is actually a pixelised preview.

That said, there really seem to be different "depths" of page refresh available and implemented. Some parts of the interface refresh faster and leave more ghosting, while other parts take longer to refresh and leave much less ghosts. Also, i'm willing to bet that there's actually much more ghosting in ebooks with the current firmware, than with the previous (first) one. And it refreshes a bit more quickly too.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote