View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Have you not read stories about people buying hard drives, iPods, etc and opening the box to find it has nothing in it, or a rock or brick? This is why these laws exist.

BOb
"These laws" ?? There is no law that I know of that prevents a company from taking back a product, inspecting it, making certain that it is in saleable condition, and repackaging it and selling it as new.

There is a law against purchasing a product, and returning it to the store with a brick in the box. That is called fraud, and it is very illegal. If a store takes a return, they generally inspect the item (if they are smart) to make certain the items is

(1.) All there, including manuals and all parts; and
(2.) In working and saleable condition.

and that the customer has not put a brick in the box and tried to defraud the company.

As to "have I heard stories" of people getting empty boxes or bricks in the box. Sure. I purchased a program, got it home and found the box had a manual and no CD Rom. The store refused to take the product back because I had opened the box. However, I called the software company, explained the situation to them, and they sent me a free CD Rom.

If you have doubts about the merchandise you purchase at any company where you have had an experience like that, you are allowed to demand that they open and inspect it in the store before you take it.

I have certainly not heard any stories about bricks in boxes coming from Amazon, and if I were to be sold a Kindle in less than perfect condition (cosmetic and operation), I would silmply return it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote