View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Yeah, I've had that in my cart since 7:00 a.m. and have been staring at it with ambivalence. I've seen the IPS screen in real life and it's nice; I also like the form better than that of the Nook Color. But the KF isn't nearly as hackable as the NC, is it? I'd rather not be yoked to Amazon's content distribution.

If it were easy to root and the user still had access to the Amazon Store, I'd have bought one instantly. This deal is great, since Amazon was already selling the KF at a loss at the regular price.
Other people know more about this than I do, but the Fire is much easier to bring third-party content onto than the Nook. It's very easy to sideload apps and other media. Rooting isn't that hard either, if that's what you're planning on doing. I guess at XDA developers there are some programs that will do it entirely for you. The bottom line is that you can really get content from anywhere.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote