View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm betting that if a supervisor was monitoring that call the rep would be in big trouble for going off script and telling you that. Level 1 support people are sometimes pretty clueless. There are often unexpected bugs that don't show up until after release--and there is a list of known problems that occur for some folks, but not for most, which may or may not be addressed by a tweak to the update. Seeing how things are playing out, I would not use the updated reader with the desktop until I had 1.9 desktop, too. Other then that, the vast majority of folks will not have problems with the update in its current form. In any case, the sky is not falling.
You're probably right about being in trouble - but I appreciate that they were trying to be helpful.

I actually downloaded the newest desktop app on yesterday prior to trying the update...

I tried again when I got home but the same thing happened. I'm starting to think that my device just won't accept the update.

I wanted to get back into reading the books I was in the middle of (all side loaded via Calibre) so I'm just not going to try again anytime soon. I don't know if my poor heart can take the stress, lol.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote