View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
GregS
Zealot
GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.GregS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ Reader 5", Iliad
delphidb96 that is what I thought when I first looked. However, the software is in-between-ware more than THE reader-ware as such. A download manager cocked to reading material, that supports PC reading, it is a shopper, but also a storage keeper.

It is in a sense a net based docking system, allowing browsing of books you have already bought, and repeated download - that is for me the nice feature. If it is expanded to include my other books that I place on my own web space, then it comes into its own IMHO.

Then anywhere in the world I can use a computer to access my reading material, download it into my reading device. Of course it is not quite there yet, but it is the first piece of software I have seen that really does have that possibility. Plus it would be nice to continue reading when I do not have the device handy.

In this respect it is not earth-shaking, just potentially very very handy.
GregS is offline   Reply With Quote