View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Darker Regency Romances

I just started listening to Jo Beverley's An Arranged Marriage, and now I'm in the mood for "traditional" Regency romances again. However, I like the darker ones, and while there are a lot of indie authors publishing Regency trads again, most seem to be the lighter stories. Those are nice sometimes, but darn it, I want the really screwed-up Regencies. and I'm not sure where to start.

Some of the names are familiar because they used to publish with Signet and Zebra, and some are new to me. So I've added some of the Signet InterMix reprints to my wishlist, but I don't want to miss a great new author.

If it helps, I tend to prefer the darker, rule-breaking Regency writers -- Jo Beverley, Mary Balogh, Mary Jo Putney, etc. So I guess I'm looking for nnontraditional traditional Regencies? I also have almost all of the Carla Kelly books already.

Edited to Add: I also like the lighter ones, sometimes. However, the reviews for the editing of the indie published Regencies have made me cautious. I don't want to read a book where someone drives his "handsome cab" down a "rode."

Although her books are more traditional, I have a lot of Heyer eBooks and have to get around to them someday.

Last edited by Critteranne; 06-02-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote