View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #8
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
you know, I have this odd laptop (circa 2005) collecting dust here, I should drop Ubuntu on it and see if it has any life left in it. I
Go for it! Costs nothing to try.

I've been a long time attendee of the Trenton Computer Fest -- mostly for the flea market, but it has dwindled since the internet made it easier to sell used tech.

Anyway, I went there for old times sake maybe 4 years ago and my teen-aged daughter asked to come along. She found a Compaq Presario 1200 laptop, circa 1998, for $40 and was interested in having a computer "of her own." IIRC, it had a 6 GB hard drive. We successfully loaded a Linux distro called wattOS -- Ubuntu-based. It was very usable. Your 2005 model should have no problem with the real thing.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote