View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by npr View Post
Try as I may, I'm only getting limited success in getting my Kobo Glo to display series info.

I've now discovered the series info in the "edit metadata" tab of caibre is different to that shown in the book ie that shown by double clicking a book in library and then selecting the metadata icon along the side of that window.
If I select a book and click "convert book" this changes the series info in the book to that in the "edit metadata" tab. Is this what I should be doing?

The series info is still now showing in my Kobo, I've re connected calibre a number of time and even deleted the book and re installed it but still no series info in the Kobo.

Any help gratefully received.
Have you ticked the "Set series information" box in Preferences-->Plugins-->Device Interface Plugins-->KoboTouch-->Customise Plugin?

There should be no need to convert the epub or make any other changes to the book itself, provided you are using Calibre to send the books to the device. it should be enough just to enter the series name and index metadata for the book on Calibre's "Edit Metadata" page.

There should be no need to delete and resend the book to update the series information. In Preferences-->Sending Books To Devices-->Metedata management I have automatic selected, but I'm not sure if that is necessary.

Edit: Don't worry that the metadata shown when reading the book in Calibre is not the same as on the Edit Metadata menu selected from Calibre's main toolbar, as the book's metadata is updated automatically when you use calibre to send the book to the device, and the device does not read the series metadat from the book itself, Calibre inserts it directly into the device's database the next time the device is connected after the book was sent and processed by the device. Sorry that sounds really complicated, but once you have the right options selected it should all be pretty much automatic.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote