View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #148
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
In BookView, try copying the required search text from one instance into clipboard and paste that into search box then do the replace (may be font used displaying as what you think is a single quote, whereas it should be single right/left quote).

Also as 'ducks says, try working in CodeView, they (both single quotes) may look together in BookView but may contain something in between them in CV, such as an invisible/empty link or anchor.
Then things will get slightly harder to sort it out.

Let us know if anything works, or if there is anything in CodeView which will make it more difficult to do a replace, As it just may need a copied sample of that CV text to fine tune a regex to do a global replace.
I think it was just a font problem, and that Sigil does work the way it's supposed to - my apologies for raising a non-issue.

I had started by cutting and pasting from the text in code view into the search/replace boxes. What I hadn't appreciated was that if you cut and paste two separate single quote marks from the code into the search box, when they appear in the search box, they look like a double quote instead. Seeing what appeared to be the wrong target in the search box made me replace it with single quotes with a space between: that made the box below and the text above look the same. Naturally it found nothing. Obviously (and only now do see I hadn't tried doing the obvious thing) I should have trusted the cut and paste method, which does smarten up the OCR results the way I wanted.

Thanks for your kind and helpful answers.

I'm afraid I don't yet understand how to do Regex operations so I don't do them. No doubt it would save me a lot of time, and I will get around to it soon.