View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #345
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraner View Post
The latest version of the msvcr*.dll installed seems to be 80. I have tried to put both msvcr90.dll and msvcr100.dll in the same folder, or in \Windows\system32, and that does not solve the problem. I have not tried installing the complete MS Visual C++ 2008 runtime package, perhaps that is necessary, but there are 4 versions of it on the MS site so it's confusing.
From what I remember when I wrote the installer for my previous company's Windows C/C++ software, I don't think you can just copy the msvcr*.dll files into the system32 folder like that. They have to be installed somewhat "magically" into the GAC. Microsoft provides download installers which do this correctly, so search around for "vcredist" ("Visual C++ Redistributable") that matches what version of Visual C++ the software was built with.

HTH!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote