View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7zzv View Post
As for splitting, I was oversimplifying. Basically, Calibre splits stories at a size that gives HORRENDOUS performance on my Kobo.
You can change the split size in the epub output preference, but...

Quote:
I want to see if I can make the splitting smarter.
...it doesn't split smart.

Quote:
So, to make a long story short, yes, you can use epubs on a Kobo, but if you want to make them work very well, you have to apply a lot of tweaks, including changing the file name.
I don't own a Kobo but can't you configure the filename as needed via the metadata plugboard?

Whatever you and davidfor come up with I'm sure will benefit the Kobo community.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote