View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I have read the entire series and also have read his Safehold series (all to date), and, unfortunately, the info dump seems to be a Weber trademark. If you think the HH series is bad in that regard, the Safehold series is far, far worse.

Having said that, I found the HH series quite good. In fact, I had never read anything by Weber before the HH series (which I read just a couple of years ago), but it caused me to become a fan. (The Safehold series is straining that, however.) I personally think it is worth struggling through the info dumps. I simply start skimming them when they get overbearing.

Does it get better after HH #9? Not really. In some of the books the dumps become shorter but they never seem to go away. Again, I think the stories are good enough to warrant struggling through the info dumps, but I can understand the impatience with them.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote