Thread: PRS-T3 A few software issues
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
hansl
Zealot
hansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookhansl has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Sony PRS-T3S, CoolReader on 4'' Android phone
I think I know now how to proceed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansl View Post
  • On the PC: Switching off syncing with the T3S in Reader for PC causes most of my books to be removed from the T3S.
I'll give up and use Reader for PC more carefully. Especially I'll limit the number of collections in order to simplify restoration in case of inadvertent deletion of books. The reason is that I did not find a way to export and restore index notes without Reader for PC.

Quote:
  • On the T3S (without PC connection) I cannot delete books. Only remove them from a collection but they are still in the default book collection.
Solved.

Quote:
  • While reading, when I create a note at the bottom of a page, the popup dictionary entry covers the note text, so I cannot edit the selection. Minor nuisance. Is it possible to switch off the dictionary function?
Workarounds found.

Quote:
  • As far as I see, sorting notes alphabetically works only across all books and cannot be limited to a book or collection, which would be what I want when I create notes for use as index entries for my current book or series.
No solution found but I can temporarily remove annotated books which I'm not currently reading in order to avoid cluttered index notes. Or I could prefix a note with a book id so that all notes in a book appear in the same sorted block.

Thank you all, also the cleaning squad
hansl is offline   Reply With Quote