View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevet View Post
Sony is totally unhelpful. Adobe is totally unhelpful. But MobileRead forums are VERY helpful! After toomanybooks suggestion, I installed the Sony Reader Library software, even though it doesn't work on my machine. But when I did it DID install the appropriate drivers, and then ADE could find my ebook, and I'm reading again.

So thanks all. And yes, you do have to have some Sony drivers to make it work it appears.

Steve
You are lucky. After much toing and froing I sort of got Adobe to grudgingly admit that ADE will not recognize the PRS 600 on a Mac OS and that the Sony Reader software is the only way to load the epub books on it. It's not fatal to me - just the principle of the thing. They advertise that ADE recognizes the reader natively, they also provide a Mac OS version of the program. Nowhere does it indicate the additional limitations of the Mac OS version. Since its freeware I can't complain too much but it seems a little half-assed to me.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote