View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 01:55 AM   #153
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rius View Post
Hi inameiname,

that's indeed a helpful hint. Do you use it yourself and have you ever encountered any problems removing these files permamently (until uninstalling)?

One question remains: your install script creates copies in /mnt/us/.kindlesec, but your uninstall script expects the copies in /usr/sbin. Since the files with a "~" suffix don't exist in /usr/sbin, the uninstall script will not work, right?
I use it myself. I am unsure what you mean by if I have trouble removing these files permanently (until uninstalling). Do you mean the 'user_logging_uninstall.sh script? If so, you can use it to restore the files back to what they were before, OR use the USB Hack and do it manually. All it is is merely an automatic way to input all the commands you would normally input via the USB Hack on your computer. Makes having to install the USB Hack unnecessary. Personally, I keep the USB Hack installed as well, but I am a Linux user, so terminal window use and inputting commands isn't a big deal for me. Also, I found keeping the USB Hack on there a way to see if these scripts actually do their job, and they do upon rechecking. And no, no problems.

And as for your worry about the "~" suffix files, they are indeed there. They are just hidden files. They were created via the user_logging_install.sh script, so they are there. As found in previous postings here, I kept in the /mnt/us/.kindlesec copies as well....just in case. By the way, if you want to check and see if those "~" scripts are actually there, all you have to do is install the USB Hack, connect the Kindle and get into it as found in the USB Hack threads, and then:

Code:
cd /usr/sbin/
ls -ah
cd /usr/bin/
ls -ah
You will then be able to see those "~" files (the 'ls -ah' part).

Last edited by inameiname; 12-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.