Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #51
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've just dipped into it because I'm trying to do some deck-clearing first (books all over the place, material and virtual). I am entranced with how beautifully it is written. I hope that even if some don't like the story, that they find the language and imagery provide sufficient entertainment to make it worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I too liked the way it was written. They words really painted a picture. Unfortunately as soon as the people entered that picture and took over it I lost interest. Probably tells as much about me as about the book...
I agree. it is beautifully written, but so far (only 8% of the way in), it seems horribly trivial - reminds me of a victorian "manners" novel.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote