View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #37
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Some Target stores in the US are now carrying Kindles. They also have Sony Readers and have had for quite some time. In my local store they're on different aisles. Actually the Kindle is on an endcap with a big display so it seems Amazon was willing to pay for premium placement. I've never seen anyone playing with the Sony models. Not there or even at my local Fry's which carries Sony and Astak.

I see ads on the TV all the time for Kindle and it has front page on Amazon. That's hard to compete with. The nook seems to stand a better chance against them in the e-ink world since at least they have the BN store presence. When I read blogs like Gizmodo and Engadget, the comments for any ebook article pretty much always talk about Kindle, iPad and nook. I rarely see anyone mention a Sony. When I do, it's usually a diehard 505 fan, not someone who has purchased a current Sony reader.

Sony can tout their hardware all they like but it doesn't change the fact that they have a substandard feature set compared to the rest. And if they don't start catching up and putting some effort into marketing, they're spitting into the wind.
Amazon, B&N and even late comer Apple (4 million iPads) have already beaten Sony out of the market they have just not realized it yet
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote