View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #953
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Doitsu,
Does the old mobi_dict create the same error or is this error directly related to the changes I made?

There are simply too many struct.unpack calls to know where this might be happening without access to a test case and adding lots of extra print statements.

Take care,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks again for your work!

The updated version worked great with my home-made, Mobipocket Creator generated dictionary, but still seems to have problems with some Kindlegen compiled dictionaries.

For example, when I decompiled the DeDRMed version of the default monolingual Oxford Dictionary of English (B003WUYRGI_EBOK.azw) for testing purposes, the reverse-engineered .html file didn't contain a single <idx:infl> tag nor multiple <idx:orth> tags, and I know for sure that this dictionary contains inflections.

The script failed with the default monolingual French Kindle dictionary, (B005F12G6U_EBOK.azw). I've got the following error message:

Code:
Read dictionary index data
Parsing dictionary index data 12200
ocnt 0, oentries 0, op1 0, op2 0, otagx 0
parsed INDX header:
len C0 nul1 0 type 1 gen 0 start E82C count 9D8 code FFFFFFFF lng FFFFFFFF total 0 ordt 0 ligt 0 nligt 0 nctoc 0
{'count': 2520, 'nctoc': 0, 'code': 4294967295L, 'nul1': 0, 'len': 192, 'ligt': 0, 'start': 59436, 'nligt': 0, 'ordt': 0, 'lng': 4294967295L, 'total': 0, 'type': 1, 'gen': 0} None None
Error: unpack requires a string argument of length 0

Error: Unpacking Failed
I'll try to create a test case with compressed and uncompressed Mobipocket and KindleGen generated dictionaries for you tomorrow.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote