Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #14
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I haven't noticed the ghosting at all. I would occasionally see that on the Kobo WiFi but it fades away on its own doesn't it?

In any case, I am scratching my head wondering about this fuss soley base don my experience where I have yet to see it. It's entirely possible that's my eyes or reading light levels (is it more pronounced in brighter or lower lights?).

I should caveat that the so called "flash" of eink which some folks find troublesome has never bothered me at all. There was a dramatic change from Kindle 2 fall 2009 to the Kindle 2 patch upgrade Feb 2010 and again with Kindle 3 which runs circles around Kindle 2 and every Kobo I've tried in terms of page turns. But the pokey Original Kobo page turns vs the faster Kobo Wifi are just part of the reading experience on each device and I adapt easily. I am actively using four ereaders: all three Kobos and the Kindle 3 -- short stories on the OK, one book shared on the KW and KT (so I can test out the syncing, different feel) and a different book on the Kindle 3.

I am likely to retire the OK very soon (my husband got the Kindle 2 ...) because it requires the manual syncing. I'll continue to use the KW for the shorter reads as a change of pace. But clearly the K3 and KT will be my main readers. Why 2? There is content on kobobooks and amazon that is either unique to each or priced drastically differently which then feeds one ereader or the other.

Hmmm ... I dallied a bit ... I am not experiencing the ghosting on the KT. (I have it set to "sleep" in 15 min and "shut off" at 45 min; I notice the default was "never" for shut off. Does that make a difference?)
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote