Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:25 AM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Something else is going on with the ghosting. Yesterday morning, it seemed that I was having no ghosting and then later in the day it was happening again. Now I have had the same experience. I turned my Kobo on, have read over 200 pages, and no ghosting. Compare this to the every six pages shtuff from the end of the day, hum....

Maybe I am using the wrong words, I can consistently see (but just barely) where other lines of text have been on the screen. I imagine it impacts contrast, but it's not enough to bother me. This is in marked contrast to something that really does bother me, when fairly dark "blocks" appear to come off of the left side of the reader, and which contain text that I can almost read. They disappear every six pages. This is what has happened later in the day on both days I have been using the Touch. The word is not out yet for today

It makes me wonder if something I did yesterday with the Touch somehow triggers this kind of behaviour. Not something wrong, just something done in the course of using the reader. And I wonder if actually having the reader go off, rather thn just sleeping did a reset.

In any case, I am going to watch for it, and would appreciate it if anyone else that might be seeing something similar would chime in.

Last edited by taming; 06-12-2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: clarity
taming is offline   Reply With Quote