Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:01 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can "clear" the ghosting, as you are reading, by going back a page, and then forward again. When you do that, if you pay attention, you'll notice that the first 3 pages are fine, then you will start to see the ghosting. It clears out when a full refresh happens after six pages.

I'm guessing that the Kobo (and Nook) developers had to choose between ghosting/partial refreshes/speed and no ghosting/full page refreshes/slower speed. The decision to go for speed was made. I hate the ghosting, and would have made a different choice, but had Kobo done that, we would have complaints about the speed here in place of the complaints about the ghosting.

I wonder if it could be made into user's choice, as well. Or, since the fist three pages seem fine, if a compromise might be to do the full refresh after three, rather than after six.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote