Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Hi there!

HOw KT handle PDF?
Can you take highlights of text and are easy to find?
IF you zoom in, how is the pan feature?

On epubs, can you take highlights of text?
Can you add personal notes to the highlights?

I am considering Nook T or Kobo T, but I am inclined to Kbo T.

I was just playing with each of these things:

PDF - I find it works great; much better than previous version of KOBO; you can double tap to zoom and zoom out, although by a preset amount, or you can bring up the menu to zoom/zoom out with a little more precision. While zoomed, you can grab the page and move it around so you can view what you want. very nicely done.

Highlighting text/personal notes - You can highlight text on books synced with the store, but not with sideloaded books. You cannot take notes at all; this was disapointing. It's more or less just another way to book mark particulars.

Dictionary - works for kobo synced books only, but seems to work better on plural words than it used to....
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote