View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #745
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
So I was playing around tonight to see if I could narrow down what the problem is, and I'm becoming more and more convinced it has to do with how span tags are added. In particular, when looking at a few of the books I have on my device compared to ones that I have problems, there seems to be a difference in how the Kobo spans are sequenced.

Specifically, the books I have problems with tend to have Kobo span numbers skipping values. For example, I'll have 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4 in a <p></p> block, then the next <p> block starts with a kobo span numbered 9.1. I'm not sure where the missing spans are going (perhaps blank paragraphs or something) but that seems to be one of the few differences I can pick out between books working correctly vs. not. I'm not sure how "normal" span numbering is in .kepubs, but if the spans are as critical as I've gotten the impression they are while watching the development, is it possible that this could be the issue? Or is it fine if certain span numbers are skipped?

If it is indeed an issue, I'd be more than happy to open an official bug.

EDIT: So, silly me. I started to wonder if there could be other problems, so I went looking through the instructions for the plugin. Did the location required for the reference.kepub.epub change at some point, because I had it in a KoboTouchExtended folder inside Calibre's plugin folder and I saw in the instructions that it was to be in the root of the plugin folder. I feel almost certain it wasn't like that at some point in the past...either way, I moved it into the root plugin folder and now it works like a charm. Now I sure feel silly!

Last edited by buffaloseven; 10-18-2013 at 02:03 AM.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote