View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #34
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Depending on who you ask to define "resolution". The number of pixels in width and height are meaningless IMO. What truly counts is how many pixels per inch of diagonal.
I think if you stop and think about that for a bit, you'll realise it is a bit silly.
A 40" 1980x1080 TV is pretty crappy then, having only about 55 ppi?
While my BlackBerry, at 480x360 @ 244 ppi, would be better for reading magazines on than the iPad Mini at 1024x768 @ 162 ppi?

The iPad Mini has the same resolution as the original iPad.
An original iPad held further away will give exactly the same visual image as an iPad Mini held closer. (I can't be bothered to work out the exact difference in distance required.)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote