View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #12995
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Currently reading 1222 by Anne Holt which I bought a few days ago with one of those amazing Kobo discount coupons. It's a murder mystery set at a snowbound hotel on a mountain in Norway (1222 refers to the elevation). One of the other characters describes the main character as an ostrich, which is apt not just because she is extremely withdrawn socially, but also for her unwillingness to investigate the murder. I'm halfway through and it looks like she's about to pull her head out of the sand, I'm looking forward to some sparks.
This is an interesting take on the "locked room" mystery - with everyone trapped by a blizzard & avalanche. The resolution gets a bit tangled up & overly complicated IMHO.
Anne Holt's books are slowly appearing outside Norway - I've enjoyed her quirky characters very much.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote