Thread: PRS-600 Dictionary on scanned PDF?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persio View Post
Because of my work, I need to use a lot of image-like pdfs on my reader, so I OCR them just like you did. But, instead of Adobe, I use abbyy 9 or 10, and export them from the original image-pdf into html. I'd recommend you doing that: it would allow you to use the reader's dictionary just like you do with any other ebook.
Another vote for Abbyy Finereader. It's recognition capability is quite impressive. I've scanned in documents with lots of tables, numbers, headers, footers, bold and non-bold, just a huge mix, and it keeps just about everything straight.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote