Thread: After K2?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think it's best to wait until the PVI 9.7" screens are out and see what companies do with them. Also, the Plastic Logic device is due out sometime in 2010. So (IMHO), I would wait and see what happens. And are these 9.7" screen also going to be using a glass substrate that may be more of an issue then on the 6" screens due to the larger size?
Actually, IIRC correctly the 9.7 inch devices were all delayed a year or so because the screens were to fragile so PVI nixed em so they could perfect a fully plastic and flexible screen that wouldn't be so brittle in such a big size. I think I heard that the screens will be going into production this year by second quarter. Of course, you know how that goes.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote