View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #58
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereadingdotcom View Post
I've never heard of eARCs before. Does that actually exist? If it doesn't, Becca, that's an interesting idea. Selling digital ARCs to customers at a higher price and making that higher price a premium service rather than a greed-based necessity.

Let me add, by the way, that I understand ARCs. I just wasn't aware of any larger publishers sending digital ARCs out.
Baen has been selling eARCs for several years, at least. And not only are they a higher price to begin with, the author gets a higher percentage, too. (And apparently, quite a few of the people who buy them also buy the release version later.)
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote