View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
The two times I returned a book (once, because I accidentally bought it instead of sending a sample, the other time because I bought 50 Shades after reading the sample, then realized how sick the book was getting another chapter into it) the copy was instantly removed from my device and from my cloud library. I don't imagine people actually abusing this, but even if they did... You could technically read through a paper book in two weeks, then return it to B&N. Again, I don't imagine people would actually do this, as I assume most people are honest.
Unlike Amazon's Kindle. folks using other devices actually can have copies of the book on their computer in ways that the seller cannot control. For example, I can download an ePUB of a book that I have purchased from Kobo that cannot be retrieved by Kobo. They could delete the kepub version, but not the ePUBs.

Last edited by taming; 10-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote