View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I paid for an extended warranty on a laptop, with on-site visit, seemed like a good idea at the time and is valid until 2013.

Now I'm not too sure.

An original fault had a call centre advisor wreck the laptop after upgrading the bios and video driver, leaving me with having to remedy the situation myself [solved with last known good re-boot.]

An on site visit brought a new M/B, heat sink and optical drive.

This created a new fault which yet another visit and M/B replacement did not fix.

The laptop now has to go back to the manufacturer for their solution and it'll take 10 days.

Yes, okay, I've got a reasonably good deal on the cost and period of the warranty, based on the original price of the device, but given the hassle I'm wondering if it's worth it .... especially when the call centre advisors don't seem to know what they are doing ....

On the manufacturer's side, at this rate it would have been better for them to have replaced the d*** thing !!!

So as to whether an insurance policy is worthy depends on the price of the insurance against the possible future replacement value of the device in "x" years time.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote