Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #33
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I do indeed have a weird sense of humor, and THANK GOD for that, because some people have NO sense of humor, or else they want MY sense of humor to correspond to THEIR sense of humor.
I read your stuff in the Chat area and found it very amusing.

I think intent is the most important thing - two people can tell the same joke and the effect can be totally different.
I don't like reading about the half-dead wildlife that people's cats bring home - but the posters aren't writing about it with malicious intent afaik, so I don't think it's objectionable (even though it's about real rather than imaginary suffering). The same with your Chat contributions - no malicious intent.