View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
FLAG (Fanfiction.net Lightweight Automated Grabber)

2011-04-21: FLAG has been completely rewritten as a webservice, and is available here. The CLI version is not currently supported, but I may add support for this back at some point in the future.

Currently supported formats:
  • EPUB
  • MobiPocket (Kindle)
  • PDF
  • HTML

Currently supported source websites:
-----= Original Post =-----
Quote:
For those of you who like reading fanfiction.net, I've just finished writing the first release (well, the first release I'm happy to show people anyway) of an automated grabber, with the output formatting targeted at ebook readers.

If you wish to try it out without needing to install it first, it's also available as a web service here (note that the web version doesn't make all the features available, but is more up-to-date than the version attached to this post).

Currently supported output formats:
  • HTML
  • BBeB/LRF (requires Calibre's html2lrf script)
  • ePub (requires Calibre's html2lrf script)
  • RTF (requires pandoc)
  • PDF (requires htmldoc)

FLAG is attached to this post as a tarball. As of this post, the latest version is r29, however there have been various improvements to it from both myself and ilovejedd. The next release is currently waiting on ilovejedd to organise his changes and send me a diff.

Note that this was written with a Sony PRS-505 in mind, for Linux systems. It requires calibre, php5-cli, php5-curl and php5-tidy be installed for it to work properly, plus other additional dependencies if you wish to use output codecs such as RTF or PDF.

Instructions can be found by running "./fflag --help".

All bug reports / requests / suggestions etc are welcome, although I can't promise I'll implement them.

Last edited by erayd; 09-13-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Updated list of source websites.
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote