Thread: Seriousness US Health Care Plan
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
US Health Care Plan

We are here to politely discuss our points of view on the current US health care plan. Anyone who can do so politely is welcome to put in their $.02 and of course citing sources of information is welcome and encouraged in this discussion.

This is a political discussion (Key word here) any and all personal attack (that is attacking any person or persons who believe differently or the same as yourself) will not be tolerated. If you cannot avoid that this is not the place for you. Any posts that includes such attacks will be flagged for removal. Once again, if you cannot avoid calling someone's beliefs or someone themselves names close your browser as you are not welcome in this thread. I have spoken with a moderator about opening this topic, and was given permission if we stay on topic, that being said if you are asked to get back on topic, drop the current discussion. Any moderators that can spare the time to watch this thread would be greatly appreciated.

I'll get started here with my views.
I believe that the health care plan that was voted on was completely ridiculous. For one, it was ridiculously long. Few people actually read what was in it, and no one really knows right now. I seriously doubt that the people who voted for it knew what exactly they were voting for, and their constituencies seemed to be against it as well.
Secondly, I disagree that it is the governments job to provide health care to the people. Now, I have been on the receiving end of Medicare and Social Security and do appreciate the fact that I had those services, but they could have easily been provided by a private organization for DFaCS and I would have likely received a higher level of care if this were the case. Yes, some people can't afford private services, I myself am currently without insurance, but its my choice and no one should be taxed for choosing opt out of a potentially life saving service. Its our choice to be stupid, and we risk ourselves and we will reap the consequence naturally.
Thirdly, we are spending money that we do not have as it is, we do not need to add more to our debt, we need to be trying to pay it off. A country should be run somewhat like a business, if a business were to be in the situation we are now it would start cutting costs instead of adding more to the expense budget.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote