View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Okee Dokee.

Got back from some chores and did a little experimenting.

Hooked up my Astak PPro via the USB cable, dragged and dropped the Astak "500+ Free eBooks" folder, which is about 250m, from my computer to the internal memory, and then to the SD card, then deleted both, then stuck the SD card in a card reader and did the same thing.

USB cable 250m file folder to int mem = 6 minutes. Delete same, 2 minutes.

USB cable 250m file folder to SD card = 3 minutes. Delete same, 20 sec.

SD Card in card reader, to SD card = 1 min 20 sec. Delete same, 15 sec.

I will grant that waiting 6 minutes for the file to transfer seemed like a half hour, and deleting seemed about as long, but those are the figures I got. Obviously, it will vary with each person's equipment, but there you go.

Hope it helps some.

Last edited by eGeezer; 01-02-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Changed "copy and pasted" to "dragged and dropped"
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote