View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #31
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcrouton View Post
I am an American citizen.
I live in Ukraine.
I do alot of international travel.

So when it comes to books, am I allowed to download public domain works according to Ukrainian law while I'm residing in Ukraine? If so, must I delete them every time I cross the border? Obviously that won't happen, but on paper, is that what's expected of me?
Yes, you can download material that's PD in the Ukraine while in the Ukraine. No, you don't have to delete it when travelling to a country in which it's not PD. But you shouldn't make /further/ copies of it while in such a country, except as allowed under the laws of that country (fair use, for example, in the US).
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote