View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #159
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
One thing about front-lighting is that it works well in dim-light but not in full darkness. In full darkness apparently it becomes unpleasantly like back-lighting, i.e. like a tablet. So I don't know if it's the magic wand some people think. It's handy, yes, but it doesn't appear to be a replacement for a light in a dark room.
It's not unpleasant to me. I use both of my front lit ereaders in complete darkness with no issues. It is still much more pleasant to look at than my Kindle Fire HD. I seldom if ever read on that. So yes the Paperwhite and the Kobo Glo are fine in dark rooms with no other light.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote