Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #71
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
It would have been better to be able to PIN a shelf to the bottom of the Home screen where the Shortlist, Previews etc used to reside.
That would be nice, yes.

I don't really need the Wishlist of Find Books on the homescreen. Favorites would have been better...

The one thing so far that's most useful to me is the changed way the dictionary works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Then I started reading and did my usual tap center screen to bring up the options and the time. [...] Seriously was there a real need to move it off the screen? Now it's 2 extra taps to get the time. [...]
You're right, of course. No need to have changed that...

What I dislike is the extra taps to get to the Shortlist. I wish it was still on the homescreen or at least in the Library menu (instead of Previews or News&Magazines, which I still can't use since there are no magazines to buy over here...).

Well, maybe the guys working on the tweaks can figure something out to add options to the menu.

What I also dislike is that you can't add the books to the shortlist from the book menu in the library view anymore. The hearts often don't work. And in adding books to shelves they are only sorted alphabetically, not by Recent Reads, which makes it difficult to add newly added books to the shortlist (or the shelves) that way...

But all in all I like the new firmware.

Last edited by Jaden; 07-11-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote