View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The pictures are good. The text doesn't need them. As an amateur photographer, based on the sample given, I would buy that book, with or without pictures. The presence or absence of pictures change the tone of the book for me...not in a value way, but in the way I receive it, react to it, experience it, subjectively, but neither way better or worse.

For my mind, it works without the pictures. If I enjoyed the text, as I do with the sample, it may also be that a "scarce good" you could sell at a regular price is the "coffee table book" (pbook) with pictures too?

(EDIT: I didn't think to look further than the sample, to know it was already available. At the current price, buying it was an easy one-click)

(2nd EDIT: Note, when I say "the pictures are good", I don't mean to be commenting on their own qualities - or I'd spend more time telling you how much I enjoyed them - but rather I think their placement within the text is "good". Just thought I better get that out of the way, so you didn't think I was giving a one-word critique of your photography )

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 12-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.