View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #9
remcdonald
Connoisseur
remcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
OK just to be helpful here and with the caveat that I'm speaking for myself and my personal opinion here. When dealing with Chapters/Indigo most of the staff are taught how to respond to situations from one manual and that manual says 14 day returns, store bought condition no exceptions. However, exceptions can be made rather easily from the right person and under the right circumstances. Generally speaking if the first guy gives you the rote 14 day line ask to speak to their supervisor who will generally be a senior cashier and see if they will do anything different, if they won't then ask to speak to a manager. Basically it all boils down to luck and what store you happen to walk into and what staff member you get but firm and polite will go a long way to getting staff to help you out. I know for me that if you come in raging, foaming at the mouth, or curse at me in the first four seconds of our conversation ,I'm not going to help you out because quite frankly it isn't worth the stress or my time and I don't have to. However, if you are polite I will usually try to help and may even go out of the way to suggest breaking policy for you. Asshats don't get that type of treatment they get the sorry that's the policy line.
remcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote